image via ezgi.murekkep.org.
The article is short and to the point. It lists 5 reasons why you (as a writer) should blog:
1) The fun. Life is short and it is very important that if you find something that you enjoy, you should go after it. And if you like writing, there is a chance you’ll like it the colorful world of blogging.
2) The freedom.
Part of t reasons why blogging
is so much fun is that you can write about absolutely whatever/whenever and however you want.
3) Promotion. Do you write? What do you write? What are your strengths? Put in samples, talk about your credentials. It is your platform. Rock on. You can even put on a “hire me” button/page.
4) Interaction with like-minded people. It is amazing to share what you are passionate about with people who really care about that stuff.
5) Reputation. Get your name out there. Put in the hours, display the work, write the content. Then fingers crossed, things will eventually go viral- thanks to you and your n networking efforts. I started because of 1 and I got addicted because of 2. Then I realized, 3 was an opportunity and 4 made it even more fun.
6) Money. It may not the best idea to start blogging purely to make money, as it takes some time to start earning from it. But this is no reason not to monetize your site either. You can sell advertising space, promote others’ products, and a lot more.
Want to read more fun & useful stuff on blogging and writing? You might like:
4 Reasons Why Every Writer Should Use Twitter
Why Every Writer Should Watch ABC’s Mystery Thriller Castle